Dec 27, 2021
Ms. Donjette L. Gilmore suggested the title, Still I Rise, for this episode. And, once you listen, you’ll know why she chose this title after her favorite poem by Maya Angelou. As the
Executive Director, Public Private Partnership Audit-Level Reviews, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Energy Installations & Environment, Ms. Gilmore oversees an extensive portfolio of 80,000 Conus Military Family Houses valued at $7.6 billion. A Senior Executive, Ms. Gilmore is a dedicated Servant Leader focused on assessing whether public private partners’ long-term financial viability will continue to provide safe, quality, well-maintained military family housing for or Sailors, Marines. Thus enabling them to remain focused on Navy’s mission.
We cover many topics in this awesome interview to include:
- The Navy stablished her office in October 27, 2019 amid intense congressional and media scrutiny.
- Faced with limited resources, Ms. Gilmore got creative and established a professional development rotational program to attract personnel to help to achieve the mission.
- Ms. Gilmore is proud of her dedicated, passionate staff that she calls “PPPR Angels”.
- Her work is not a job, it’s her calling.
- Finally, obstacles make you stronger. Ms. Gilmore has been “the first” many times, paving the way for other African American women to follow in her footsteps.
Enjoyed the show? Please remember to leave a rating and review in Apple Podcasts.