Jun 28, 2021
Sharon Kruder and her husband, Captain Todd Kruder,
US Navy Retired, talk about the fog of depression. Sharon and Todd
share their story to help others realize they’re not alone. Also,
this interview offers a unique opportunity to learn about how
Sharon handles living with her husband who suffers from depression.
Furthermore, you’ll learn about Sharon’s strength and determination
to save the life of her spouse. Finally, this interview offers a
compelling story of relentless perseverance and hope.
- First Todd talks about why he spoke out about his
depression when he was a Navy Captain on active duty.
- Next, Sharon talks about what it's like living with
her husband, Todd.
- After that, Todd describes what it's like to live
- Todd explains, as best he can, what it's like to be
- Next Emily asks Sharon why she stays in the
- Sharon talks about how she reaches out to friends
and family for support.
- Todd talks about what triggers his depression.
- Sharon explains what it was like when Todd returned
- Also, they tried couples therapy but it didn't
- Work causes distraction for Todd. When he has down
time, it's hard for him.
- Next, Emily asks Sharon how she kept their family
together. Sharon and Todd have 5 children.
- Todd says he would not be alive if Sharon had left
him. Sharon is the hero.
- Furthermore, depression is an enemy that knows you
- Todd has been diagnosed with treatment resistant
- Next, Sharon talks about surviving single parenting
5 children when Todd was on deployment.
- Depression has taken away moments that should have
been joyful for Todd.
- Todd obtained a degree in Clinical/Medical Social
Work after he retired from the Navy.
- Helping others is Todd's therapy but he can't help
- Finally, if one person hears this episode and gets
help, Todd will have accomplished his goal for this interview.