May 13, 2020
Forgiveness, Peace and Happiness:
In this Onward Podcast episode,
Jacqueline Appel shares her journey to find her birth parents. In
addition, she reveals the life changing moments that happened to
her in a short time span in 2016. Furthermore, Jacqueline believes
it’s important to share our
stories, especially if they’re helpful to others. Jacqueline shares
much of her story publicly for the first time in this episode.
Also, she says telling her story feels like a weight has been
lifted off her shoulders. In addition, she hopes others can heal
from hearing her story. In
summary, Jacqueline has closure. She knows where she come from, who
she come from, and why she is the way that she is. In summary,
through the craziest year of her life, Jacqueline found
forgiveness, peace and happiness.
- First, Emily and Jacqueline discuss how they
met each other.
Emily asks Jacqueline to share her story.
that, Jacqueline shares that her parents told her when she was 3
that she was adopted and she’s always been curious.
adoptees don’t want to find out more about their biological
- Jacqueline says there’s nothing wrong or
selfish about wanting to know.
they discuss the best way for a parent to let the child know
treat it like its a big secret.
Jacqueline talks about when she decided she wanted to find her
had to wait until she was 18 years old. Her father helped her write
- Jacqusline explains how she found her
biological mother and father.
reached out to her biological mother in writing to say thank
Jacqueline describes what she felt when she met met her biological
- Jacqueline married when she was very young and
separated from her husband at 22.
- Moving onward from divorce was more difficult
than she expected.
- Jacqueline describes what it took for her to
move onward through her divorce.
- Counseling helped her and she says she’s a huge
- Jacqueline shares her story because she didn’t
know a lot of adoptees when she was growing up and she doesn’t want
the subject to be taboo.
- Furthermore, Jacqueline learned forgiveness and
that sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.
- Forgiveness means peace and letting go to
- Jacqueline is an entrepreneur/crafter and sells
her personal gifts on Instagram and Etsy under A Touch of You by
Jacqueline shares her future plans to get into farming.
she reflects on her life and how she’s learned from her experiences
other words, the challenges she’s faced in her life made her who
she is and she appreciates her experiences.
- Finally Jacqueline shares that telling her
story feels like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders and she
hopes others can heal from hearing her story.
- Jacqueline’s Instagram: @atouchofyoubyjackie