Jul 5, 2021
Onward Podcast Host, Emily Harman is coached by her
guest, Paul Pettit, in a Mindfulness Based Life Coaching session.
This is one of the practices Paul uses with clients. Every listener
can participate, as Paul shows, rather than tells, you how you can
become aware of the obstacles blocking your pathway to happiness.
First, Paul shares an explanation of Knowing (about something)
versus having Knowledge of (something). After that, he shares an
explanation of Form & Formless (physical form) & (emotional
formless). Next, he explains Subjective and Objective awareness as
well as how they are interdependent, and create our emotional
state-of-being. After that, Paul explains the multi-faceted thing
we call Self. Finally, Paul coaches Emily. Listen, learn, and
discover as Paul and Emily discuss what comes up for Emily during
- First, Paul Pettit and Emily prepare for the
- You can read a lot of books but experience is the
- Also, Paul's specialty is Mindfulness Based Life
- Furthermore, his coaching is about the mind and the
- Emily has no idea how this session will go.
- We search for happiness but it's really about
removing the barriers so we can remove them.
- Next, Paul explains the difference between knowing
- Paul says he's going to help Emily discover the
formless parts of herself.
- Also, our thoughts create our feelings.
- And, our thoughts about circumstances create our
- Next Paul says he’ll help Emily become more aware
of what's blocking her pathway.
- Paul asks Emily to name something that's bothering
- Emily's response is that she hates to make
- Then, listen as Paul helps Emily uncover the
- Also, this is something Emily has only shared with
a handful of people
- We're perfect in our imperfection.
- Your job is to be YOU!
- Finally, It's all about accepting yourself.
- Uniting the body, mind, and soul and love