Feb 15, 2021
Michael Parise is a teacher, mentor, healer, author
and artist. As a Life and Spiritual coach, he is certified in
spiritual direction and emotional recovery. Furthermore, as a
Catholic priest who decided to leave parish ministry after over
three decades, Michael has a unique perspective on how to guide
others through self-awareness to pursue a new life.
Michael’s specialty is in helping busy professionals
and executives who are burdened by responsibilities. They wonder
why they don’t feel successful enough, and are seeking greater
balance and joy in life. In this episode, Michael and Emily talk
abut his transition from Priesthood to "civilian life" as a life
coach. Also, Michael talks about the effects of childhood emotional
neglect and childhood family dysfunction.
Finally, Michael's vision for the future is to help
make the world a more loving, accepting, generous place for
- First Michael talks about his childhood and that
he’s a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP).
- Then he explains why he decided to go to
- After that, Michael talks about discovering that he
- Michael decided to leave seminary before he was
eligible for retirement.
- Furthermore, Michael was a Priest for 32 years and
a Pastor for the last 13 years of his career.
- He says he’s never regretted his decision decision
to leave ministry.
- No one in the Archdiocese of Boston called or asked
why Michael left or how he was doing.
- Michael’s book is Life Interrupted: Taking
Charge After Everything Has Changed.
- His book is about how to be your own rescuer.
- In other words, don't wait for
- He realized that at a point in his life he enjoyed
- His existence depended on being a victim but he's
not a victim.
- Michael went on a retreat and started to tell his
victim story and the retreat leader reminded him that he's more
than his story.
- Michael explains why he calls himself the Saboteur
- Michael talks about how he helps his clients
- You can read books but at some point people get
- Life coaches take you in your present and push you
into the future you want for yourself.
- Coaches help their clients discover in themselves
the resources they already have.
- Michael describes his target client.
- Michael helps veterans through Vets2 Industry.
- Next Michael explains how he's become his own best
- Let the steps lead you along the path.
- And eventually you’ll start all over again and go
more deeply into each step
- Finally, the journey is an opportunity to relax
into revelation and a new insight.