Jul 29, 2020
Improving Employee Retention and Employee
One challenge, or adversity, employers face is
improving employee retention and employee engagement. Onward
Podcast guests, Adrienne Somerville and Michael Taylor of
Talent and Technical Solutions
Corporation (TTSC), talk about solutions their company offers to
eliminate bias in the hiring process. Without a roadmap or talent
management solution, employees develop distrust of the hiring
process. TTSC offers a portfolio of products and services that
enable employers to make fair, equitable, and fact backed hiring
decisions. With a Talent Management solution in place, employees
play a role and track their career progress. In addition, employees
can target training at their weaknesses and the gaps they need to
close. Finally, transparency leads to trust. Consequently,
retention and employee engagement improve. Listen and learn how to
develop your most important resource, your people.
Emily introduces CEO Adrienne Somerville, CEO and Michael Taylor,
President, of Talent and Technical Solutions Corporation
- Adrienne and Michael talk about their
background and their company, TTSC Inc.
offers a portfolio of products and services to enable employers to
make fair, equitable, and fact backed hiring
times, employees view the hiring process as
- Talent Management provides fair opportunities
for everyone to compete for positions and plumb
- Adrienne says Talent Management is about people
- not just facts and figures. In other words, we need to talk about
faces and feelings.
- People perform better at work when they work
within their strengths.
this improves the performance of the organization.
Michael explains how TTSC’s tool can eliminate bias in the hiring
- Adrienne explains how Talent Management can
help create trust.
- Talent Management makes the portfolio of an
organization’s talent clear.
it enables an employer to better align employee talent with the
products and services delivered by the
- Talent Management can help demystify what it
takes to be successful in the organization.
the hiring process isn’t clear and there’s a lack of trust,
employees tell themselves stories. The products and services TTSC
offers makes decisions transparent.
Emily recalls what it’s like to be a supervisor. Supervisors try to
be fair, but they can still get complaints about the hiring
- Without a roadmap or talent management
solution, employees develop distrust of the hiring
a Talent Management solution in place, employees play a role and
track their career progress.
- Employees can target training at their
weaknesses and the gaps they need to close.
- Transparency leads to trust.
- Consequently, retention and employee engagement
- Michael shares questions employers need to ask
about their company, employees, hiring, promotion practices
do you know where to provide training opportunities for employees -
is it based on data?
kind of investment is required?
COVID, people are reassessing their lives and deciding where they
want to work.
- Employee turnover is expensive. Talent
management enables a company to be more competitive
- Employees want to stay in an organization that
provides growth opportunities.
- People are an organization’s greatest asset.
Make sure they come back through that door every day.
- Employees want to work where they’re
accelerated, not tolerated.
is about developing and partnering with employees. Encouraging
employees to unleash their full potential.
supervisor have crucial conversations with
- Finally, a Talent Management system enables the
employee supervisor conversation to be based on factual data and
gives employees their own voice.